Friday, July 08, 2011

He was a good cat. . .

The hardest thing about having pets is deciding when and if to end their suffering. You have a reluctance to end a life, that you choose, and you have a sadness of missing the animal after he's gone. You also have a responsibility to do the right thing, which is usually one of the hardest things you could ever do. To watch a loving, sweet pet languish in their own body fluids, not able or wanting to move, eat or drink is more than I can take for very long. I am lucky to have a sensitive and caring veterinarian, Mike Morath, who understands and supports my pets and their quality of life. I will miss my sweet baby, but he is not suffering now. Maybe if God cares about animals, like I hope He does, I'll see him again someday.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That is a sweet tribute Angie and I dread the day I have to do the same with my mutts....my Judy girl is getting on and has a slight heart murmur now, more tired than usual but still active, but it will happen and that is a hard decision to make I am sure. I like you have a very good vet and caring.

Kimberly said...

That's beautiful, Angie. Take comfort in knowing you did the right thing.