Monday, July 04, 2011

Charlie

When I refer to millions of cats, I don't really mean that I love all cats, or that I have a million of them. I have only one now that I love more than any cat I've had for a long time. When we got Charlie from Craigslist two years ago in August, we looked like this picture. He had been abandoned by his mom, and when he came in the car with me, he immediately snuggled into my shoulder and claimed me as his new mom. He loves just being near me and often sits in front of the computer monitor as I work. However, last night, something happened to him and he got injured somehow, and since it's the Fourth, no vets are available except the local emergency, for HUGE profit, veterinary clinic. Our regular vet in Plainview is out of town, so the soonest we can get him in there is tomorrow morning. I'm broken up over it, and I hope it's something that we can fix and he can recover from. I know that cats are really resilient, so I won't give up hope for my favorite baby. I know he's just an animal, but he makes my life worth living a lot of days.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Ohhh, I hope he made it through the night and will be fine. That's a hard one. I don't like to pay a bunch of money to vets like that either.