Sunday, June 25, 2006

Oh say can you see. . .

No matter how much the current president ticks me off, how annoyed I get by 'American bashing' abroad, I still feel that I am living in the only country I want to be in right now. I still get choked up when I hear the national anthem, a flag rippling in the wind still gives me a thrill. Maybe the factor that provided those feelings is due to actually living in another country outside of the U.S. --appreciating the benefits of American citizenship from abroad. Knowing that I can go home to my running water, comfortable home, family car and personal freedom, while billions of people don't have that reassurance. As far as politics go, I always feel that things will eventually get better--the universe has a way of unfolding as it should. Happy Birthday, U.S.A.

No comments: