Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Heartbreaking devastation

I haven't watched the news for more than 5 minutes in the last three days. I know I'm a coward, but the misery and tragedy are too much for me to contemplate and digest. I read stories on news websites, but usually can't finish them, and usually end up in tears. I feel like most people can't even comprehend what this disaster means. I know that the tsunami last December was a million times worse, but it felt a million miles away. Then to see the air of detachment--soullessness, coming from our commander in chief. . .well, it's just too much. They're his next-door neighbors, for God's sake. I want to do something, but it seems so hopeless, so gigantic. I pray and hope that some good can start happening for these poor people, soon. My problems seem non-existent.

No comments: