Friday, August 19, 2005

Corn, corn, wherefore art thou, delicious sweet corn?

Just have had a horrible revelation--the only good sweet corn I have munched on this summer has been from Young's Farm in AZ. It's a sad state of affairs, when I have built Minnesota corn up in my mind these past few years; actually comparing it in my memory to farm corn from our own corn patch back in the day! What is going on? In my opinion there must have been some weird drought stress that affected corn here and affected the flavor and texture. There is still more time for MN corn to redeem itself, although the corn days are becoming short and sweet like the last days of summer.

Started my new PT job at Custom Costumes--a funky, fabulous little haven of creativity and quality, run by the awesome costume maven, Carol. I do odd jobs, sew, press, wait on customers. It will likely get HECTIC before Halloween, but as far as PTJ's go, it will more than satisfy.

No comments: