Saturday, June 09, 2012

Pain management

I understand the serious nature of controlling substances.  Unethical people will undermine the good nature of the pharmaceutical world, if not controlled.  But what I really resent is being treated like a druggie criminal when I ask for medications that I really need.  

Pain isn't really that tough to ignore.  With a strong will you can subvert most of it.  Why should you have to, though?  Science and medicine have made these advances so that pain can be managed in a humane way, so that you can avoid focusing on it and go on living your life.  I know the temporary pain of a major surgery will pass, but the time is going to seem so much longer and bleaker. 

Just my rant for the day--can't change legislation or the way a powerful lobby does business.  Thanks, drug addicts, for messing up another facet of society.

No comments: